The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name: Willow Hill, Illinois(elevation 495') - Telegraph: CH
 Mile Post:  65.9
 Previous Station:  Hunt City
 Next Station:  Ste. Marie
 Description:  Was once named New Liberty, which was laid out in August of 1854.  The Springfield, Effingham and Southeastern Railroad reached the crossing first.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  By December 1880.
 Track Status:  Removed 1919.
 RR Facilities:

 Car House - (shown here in 1918)
 Coal Bin - (shown here in 1918)
 Corn Crib - (shown here in 1918)

 Depot(1st) - former car body
 Union Depot(2nd) - (shown here in 1918)
 IC Interchange - (shown here in 1918)

 Livestock Pen - (shown here in 1918)
 Spur - approximately 1,000 in length - (shown here in 1918)
 Spur - approximately 650 in length - (shown here in 1918)

 Customers:  J.E. Jones Elevator - (Burned November, 1915)
 Last Updated:  02/24/2017

 

Back to the Stations page