The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Sullivan, Illinois(elevation 686') - Telegraph: XN
 Mile Post:  103.9
 Previous Station:  Dunn
 Next Station:  Martins Stub 
 Description:  Sullivan is where the Wabash Railroad and C&EI crossed the line.  Today the Wabash is gone, and the C&EI(Union Pacific) doesn't interchange with the IC.  At one time, there was a small yard located here. In 1955, Clark Brothers Construction Company set up an unloading facility on the north end of the House Track to unload sand and gravel while they were constructing a strip of concrete highway east of Sullivan.
 Photos:  Right of Way  Trains
 Date Reached:  1872
 Track Status:  Still in place - .
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (10' x 8' x 8') - rebuilt 1904 due to fire - (listed here in 1916)

 Coal Shed - (listed here in 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Wood Depot(1st) (54' x 20') - built 1880 - (destroyed by fire 1904)

 Wood Depot(2nd) (70' x 24' x 16') - built 1904 - (listed here in 1916, 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Hand Car House (14' x 12' x 8') - built in 1895 - (listed here in 1916)

 Hand Car House (14' x 8'6" x 7') - placed here in 1895 -  half car body - (replaced 1915)

 Hand Car House - former car body - (placed here circa 1915)

 All Relay Automatic Interlocker - (listed here in 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 C&EI JCT

 Wabash JCT

 Two Livestock Pens (48' x 32') each - built prior to 1900 - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Pen - (mentioned here in 1948)

 Livestock Scale - built prior to 1900 - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Shed (67' x 12') - built prior to 1900 - (listed here in 1916)

 Tool House - (listed here in 1944, 1948, and 1957)

 Four Sidings - longest with clearance of 2650' (1944) - 4500' 100 cars (1948) - 4324' 94 cars (1957)

 Four Sidings - no data - (listed here in 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Two Spurs - (listed here in 1944)

 Three Spurs - (listed here in 1948)

 Four Spurs - (listed here in 1957)

 Five Spurs - (listed here in 1970 and 1978)

 Two Spurs - one for Southern Nitrogen and one for Sullivan Grain Co - (listed here in1987)

 Water Column - (listed here in 1948)

 Small Yard

 Yard Limits - (listed here in 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, and 1978)

 Customers:

 EL Light Plant - Shown here circa 1898

 Elevator - Shown here circa 1898

 Harshman - Shown here 1948, 1957, 1970, and 1978

 Landers Seed Co - Shown here 1957, 1970, and 1978

 Southern Nitrogen - Shown here in 1970, 1978, and 1987

 Steele's Mill - Shown here circa 1898

 Sullivan Grain Co - Shown here 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987

 Warehouse - Shown here circa 1898

 Track Names:

 House Track - mentioned here in 1955

 Middle Track - mentioned here in 1948

 Last Updated  08/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page