The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Sidell or Sidell Junction, Illinois(elevation 685') - Telegraph: SI
 Mile Post:  0.0
 Previous Station:  End of the line.
 Next Station:  Archie
 Description:  Where the DOOR met up with the C&EI, and for a time had trackage rights to Danville.  The DOOR arrived first.  On August 9th, 1893, a fire destroyed the depot, and much of the business district of Sidell. 
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  By October 28th, 1881.
 Track Status:  Removed May 1937.
 RR Facilities:

 Union Depot - destroyed by fire 8-9-1893

 Two Story Depot (28' x 24' ) - (listed here after 1893)

 C&EI JCT

 Livestock Pens (38' x 25')

 Section House (12' x 10')

 Sidings

 Spur (225')

 60' Turntable

 Customers:

 Elevator

 Last Updated:  03/12/2014

 

Back to the Stations page