The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Rose Hill, Illinois(elevation 564') - Telegraph: RH
 Mile Post:  151.9
 Previous Station:  Hidalgo
 Next Station:  Falmouth
 Description:  Rose Hill was laid out the year after the tracks arrived.  The agency here was closed September 23rd, 1948 with Greenup handling the waybills and accounts for Rose Hill and Hidalgo.  The latter presumably was being handled at Rose Hill up to that point.  The depot was officially removed on 4-26-1954.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  1877
 Track Status:  Closed on August 1st, 1982 and removed in later that year.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (9' x 9' x 8') - built 1911 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (36' x 18' x 14') - built in 1880 - (listed here in 1944 and 1948)

 Hand Car House (14' x 8'6" x 7') - half car body - placed here in 1896 - replaced in kind 1914 - (listed here in 1916)

 Two Livestock Pens (32' x 32') each - built prior to 1900 - (listed here in 1916)

 Siding - (listed here in 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, and 1978)

 Section Tool House (17'6" x 9' x 7') - half car body - (listed here in 1916)

 Telephone Booth - installed 4-26-1954 - (listed here as late as 1970)

 Customers:  
 Last Updated:  09/19/2014

 

Back to the Stations page