The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Peoria, Illinois(elevation 465') - Telegraph: RJ
 Mile Post:  0.0
 Previous Station:  End of the line for the PD&E.
 Next Station:  Bridge Jct
 Description:  Peoria was one of the namesake cities.  It was reached by the Pekin, Lincoln and Decatur railroad in 1878 first by leasing the P&S, then by trackage rights over the PP&J.  In 1881, the newly formed Peoria and Pekin Union Railway began operating the PP&J among other railroad properties in Peoria.  The PD&E continued its access of Peoria by way of a 1/4th ownership in the P&PU.  As far as the PD&E was concerned, the focus of Peoria was the Union Depot.
 Photos:  Motive Power  Right of Way  Structures 
 Date Reached:  1878
 Track Status:  Still in place - . - Trackage rights over the P&PU.
 RR Facilities:

 Union Depot - (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Freight Houses - (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Numerous Spurs- (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Yards- (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948,1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Customers:

 Allied Mills, Inc

 Commercial Solvents Corp

 Pabst Brewing Co

 Last Updated:  08/21/2014

 

Back to the Stations page