The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Parkersburg, Illinois(elevation 484') - Telegraph: BG
 Mile Post: 189.5
 Previous Station:  Simpson's
 Next Station:  Brick Track
 Description:  From 1877 to 1881, Parkersburg was as far as the tracks went towards Grayville.  After a four year hiatus, the line was completed to through Grayville to Evansville.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  1877
 Track Status:  Removed.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (12' x 10' x 8') - built 1880 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (36' x 18' x 14') - built 1880 - (listed here in 1916, 1928, 1944, and 1948)

 Livestock Pen - (listed here in 1890)

 Two Livestock Pens (40' x 32') each - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Pen - (listed here in 1928)

 Section Tool House (16' x 10') - built 1915 - (listed here in 1916 and 1928)

 Siding - (listed here in 1928, 1944)

 Siding - cut back from 1944 listing - (listed here in 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Telephone Booth - (listed here in 1957 and 1970)

 Customers:  
 Track Names:

 House Track - mentioned here 1954

 Last Updated:  08/21/2014

 

Back to the Stations page