The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  North Jct (Junction) Decatur), Illinois(elevation 673')
 Mile Post:  76.6
 Previous Station:  Bearsdale
 Next Station:  Decatur
 Description:  North Junction is the point where the Pekin, Lincoln, and Decatur connected with the Illinois Central's charter main line on October 9th, 1871.  Sometime around 1878, when it PL&D bought the Decatur, Sullivan and Mattoon, the newly formed PD&E used trackage rights for $6,000/yr over the IC to connect with the DS&M at Decatur Jct
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  October 9th, 1871
 Track Status:  Still in place - .
 RR Facilities:

 Engine House (IC)

 IC Clinton District JCT

 IT Crossing - (listed 1.5 miles north in 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, and 1978) - gone by 1987

 Numerous Sidings and Spurs

 Spur - (listed about 1.6 miles north in 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Tool House - (listed here in 1944 and 1957 but not in 1948)

 Tool House - (listed 1.5 miles north in 1948, 1957, and 1970)

 Van Dyke Trackage - (listed 1.5 miles north in 1944 and 1948)

 Telephone Booth - (listed 1.5 miles north in 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Track Scales - (listed here in 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Water Tank - (listed here in 1944 and 1948)

 Yard (IC)

 Yard Limits - (listed here in 1944, 1948, 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Customers:  Sims Laboratory?
 Last Updated  03/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page