The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Martin, Indiana(elevation about 440') - Telegraph: MA
 Mile Post:  235.0
 Previous Station:  Wendel
 Next Station:  Armstrong
 Description:  In 1881, Abner N. Martin and wife deeded a track of land for a depot and siding to be constructed here.  The depot was listed on the south side of the main just west of the trestle in 1899 and 1916 but on the east side of the trestle in 1928. Whether this was the same depot or a new one is a mystery.  Its location though, suggests the latter. 
 Photos:  Right of Way  Structures
 Date Reached:  1881 - constructed by E&P
 Track Status:  Removed in the Fall of 2011.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (9' x 7' x 9') - built 1907 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (30' x 16' x 12') - possibly built in 1890 though this could be a typo - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot - (listed here in 1928)

 Livestock Pen (51' x 30') - (listed here in 1916)

 Two Sidings - longest with clearance of 2075' - (listed here in 1928)

 Siding - with clearance of 2075' - ( listed here in 1944)

 Spur - (listed here in 1944)

 Tool House (17'6" x 8'6" x 7') - described as a Hand Car House and Section Tool House in 1916 - half car body - placed here 1903 - (listed here in 1916, 1928, and 1944)

 Customers:  
 Last Updated:  03/21/2016

 

Back to the Stations page