The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Mackinaw or Mackinaw Falls(Station), Illinois(elevation 504')
 Mile Post:  17.6
 Previous Station:  Sand Prairie
 Next Station:  Gravel Pit
 Description:  In 1891 the PD&E set up a resort area to the west of the tracks on the north bank of the Mackinaw River.  Four years later, a similar resort area was set up on the southern part of the line at Edgewater.  Both resorts were abandoned by the IC in 1903.  However, servicing facilities for the locomotives hung on here for another 5 years.
 Photos:  Advertisement
 Date Reached:  By October 1870
 Track Status:  Still in place - .
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (12' x 10' x7') - built 1896, taken down 1908

 Pump House (14' x 12' x 12') - built 1896, taken down 1908

 Wood Dancing Pavilion (40' x 20') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Dancing Pavilion (40' x 30') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Refreshment Stands (16' x 12') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Refreshment Stands (32' x 12') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Summer Cottage (16' x 14') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Summer Cottage (26' x 14') - torn down in 1903

 Wood Summer Cottage (28' x 14') - torn down in 1903

 Telephone Booth - (listed here south of the bridge in 1957)

 Wood Water Tank (20' x 16' tub on 19' frame) - built 1896 - taken down 1908

 Customers:  
 Last Updated:  03/16/2014

 

Back to the Stations page