The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Dundas, Illinois(elevation 477') - Telegraph: DU
 Mile Post:  IC 171.9, DOOR 78.4
 Previous Station:  West Liberty
 Next Station:  Hudson
 Description:  The original Dundas was founded in 1854-5.  It was moved in 1876 one and a half miles west to be on the G&M.  And it was platted in March of the following year.    The PD&E depot for this town still exists, though it has been moved.  The original location was on the NE corner of Walnut and East.
 Photos:  Right of Way   Structures
 Date Reached:  G&M: September, 1876  DOOR: by August 23rd, 1882.
 Track Status:

 PD&E: Removed.

 DOOR: Removed by October, 25th 1893.

 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (10 x 12 x 8) - built in 1901 - (listed here in 1916)

 DOOR Depot

 Wood PD&E Depot (36 x 18 x 14) - built 1880 - extended 20 in 1907 - (listed here in 1916, 1928, 1944, 1948 and 1957)

 Hand Car House (8'6" x 14 x 7) - half car body - placed here in 1894

 Hand Car House (8'6" x 18 x 8) - half car body - replaced 1894 structure in 1912 - (listed here in 1916)

 Two Livestock Pens (47x 32) overall - (listed here in 1900)

 Two Livestock Pens (24 x 32) each - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Pen - (listed here in 1928)

 Section Tool House (18' x 8'6") - half car body? - (listed here in 1916)

 Siding - shown here from at least 1928 to 1987

 Spur for Livestock pen - (listed here in 1928)

 Telephone Booth - (listed here in 1970)

 Customers:  Crushed limestone

 Mill

 Last Updated:  03/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page