The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Casey, Illinois(elevation 648') - Telegraph: CA
 Mile Post:  44.7
 Previous Station:  Briscoe
 Next Station:  York
 Description:   In 1916, there was a wye located in Casey.  The depot was located on the corner of what is now West Main & Northwest 1st Street.  Casey was settled in 1838, platted in 1851 and incorporated on May 13th, 1871. The St. Louis, Vandalia and Terre Haute Railroad reached the crossing first.
 Photos:  Right of Way  Structures
 Date Reached:  By June 25th, 1880.
 Track Status:  Removed in November of 1938.
 RR Facilities:

 Depot(1st) (28' x 14')

 Depot(2nd) (100' x 24')

 Freight House (50' x 24')

 Interlocking Tower

 Vandalia Railroad JCT

 Livestock Pens (75' x 50') - for cattle

 Section House

 Sidings

 Spurs

 Turntable

 Wye - (listed here in 1916)

 Customers:

 Elevator

 Loading Platform (550') - at Tank Farm

 Mill

 Tank Farm - facility for loading oil just to the north of town.

 Last Updated:  03/12/2014

 

Back to the Stations page