The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Calhoun, Illinois(elevation 528') - Telegraph: CH
 Mile Post:  185.4
 Previous Station:  Quarry
 Next Station:  Simpson's
 Description:  In later years, often designated meeting point for trains in employee time tables.  Calhoun was once known as Fairview.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  1877
 Track Status:  Removed.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (9' x 6' x 8') - built prior 1903 and renewed 1907 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (36' x 18' x 14') - built 1880 - (listed here in 1916 and 1928)

 Hand Car House (14' x 8'6" x 7') - former car body - placed here 1894 - (listed here in 1916)

 Three Livestock Pen (95' x 29') overall - (listed here in 1900)

 Three Livestock Pen (30' x 26') each  - (listed here in 1900)

 Livestock Pen - (listed here in 1928)

 Section Tool House (14'6" x 8'6") - half car body - (listed here in 1916)

 Siding - with clearance of 2077' 43 cars - (listed here in 1928, 1944, and 1948)

 Siding - with clearance of 6502' 142 cars - (listed here in 1957)

 Siding - with clearance of 6252' 125 cars - (listed here in 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Telephone Booth - north end of the siding - (listed here in 1957)

 Two Telephone Booths - one at each end of the siding - (listed here in 1970)

 Tool House - (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948, and 1957)

 Customers:  
 Track Names:

 House Track - mentioned here in 1954 and merged into the siding on 8-25-1955

 Last Updated  08/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page