The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway
|Name:||CH&D Jct (Olney), Illinois (elevation 459')|
|Mile Post:||IC 178.2, DOOR 84.5|
|Description:||Listed in a 1908 employee timetable, this would be the point where CH&D trains would leave/enter their own tracks in Olney to run/after having ran on the old G&M main line between here and West Liberty. The reason they had to run over old G&M main line instead of their own was due to their main being removed by the PD&E after the latter had taken over the old DOOR line. With the sale of that line in 1898, including the old DOOR trackage in Olney, trackage rights were needed to span the gap between West Liberty and here.|
|Date Reached:||G&M: September, 1876 DOOR: by August 23rd, 1882.|
DOOR: Removed to the North by October, 25th 1893.
DOOR: Removed to the South in April and May of 1919.
Spur - for the Blue Flame Gas Company - (listed north of here in 1948 and 1957)
Two Spurs - one for the Blue Flame Gas Company and one for CIPS Co - (listed north of here in 1970, 1978, and 1987)
Telephone Booth - (listed here in 1970)
Yard Limits - (listed here in 1987)
Blue Flame Gas Company - IC - Just north of here at MP 177.9 - (listed here in 1948, 1957, 1970, and 1987)
CIPS Co - IC - Just north of here at MP 177.7 - (listed here in 1970, 1978, and 1987)