The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Bradbury or Pageville, Illinois(elevation 610')
 Mile Post:  133.2
 Previous Station:  Janesville
 Next Station:  Toledo
 Description:  Just north of Bradbury is as far as where the last glacier made it.  Therefore there was a significant hill on the line north of there that often required trains to double the hill.  A depot was built here in 1892, but burned on March 21st, 1908.  In 1909 a depot converted from a car body was used to replaced it.  This also doubled as the freight house.  In 1900, the depot was located east of the tracks just north of the east/west road in Bradbury.  A May of 1939 aerial view shows a structure located here with what appears to be a platform area.  The 1944 track profile shows no depot located here.  Suggesting it was either removed when the last passenger trains left in 1939 or during the early part of WWII.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  1877
 Track Status:  Closed on August 1st, 1982 and removed in later that year.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (8' x 5' x 6') - destroyed by fire 03/21/1908

 Coal House (35' x 8') - former car body - placed here in 1909 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (16' x 30' x 12') - built 1892 - destroyed by fire 03/21/1908

 Wood Depot (35' x 9') - former car body - placed here in 1909 - (listed here in 1916)

 Freight House (35' x 9') - former car body - placed here in 1909 - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Pen (33' x 32') - (listed here in 1900)

 Three Livestock Pens (34' x 24') each - (listed here in 1916)

 Two Sidings - longest with clearance of 2054' 43cars - (listed here in 1944 and 1948)

 Siding - (listed here in 1957, 1970, and 1978)

 Telephone Booth - (listed a half mile south of the station next to the south end of the now removed siding in 1957 and 1970)

 Customers:  
 Track Names:

 House Track - mentioned here in 1951

 Passing Track - mentioned here in 1951

 Last Updated:  08/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page