The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

 Name:  Boos or Boos Station (Station), Illinois(elevation 516')
 Mile Post:  164.9
 Previous Station:  Newton
 Next Station:  Beck's
 Description:  In 1881, there was a brick store here.  Elizabeth Boos et al conveyed a piece of land for the construction and maintenance of a depot and a siding.  The depot was to be on the East side of the railroad and within 400' of the store.
 Photos:  Right of Way
 Date Reached:  September, 1876
 Track Status:  Removed.
 RR Facilities:

 Coal House (9' x 7' x 7') - built 1901 - (listed here in 1916)

 Coal House (12' x 10' x 10') - built 1901 - (listed here in 1916)

 Wood Depot (36' x 18' x 14') - built 1880 - (destroyed by fire around 1912?)

 Wood Depot - former car body - (temporarily used)

 Wood Depot (40' x 16') - built 1913 - (listed here in 1916)

 Less Than Carload Depot - (listed here in 1957, no depot shown in 1944 or 1948)

 Hand Car House (17'6" x 8'6" x 7') - half car body - placed here 1894  - (listed here in 1916)

 Livestock Pen (36' x 32') - (listed here 1900)

 Two Livestock Pens (48' x 54') overall - built 1911 - (listed here 1900)

 One And A Half Story Section House (40' x 16' x 16') - built 1901 - also listed as a "dwelling" - (listed here in 1916)

 Siding - with clearance of 2166' 47 cars - (listed here in 1944 and 1948)

 Siding - (north switch of siding spiked February 16th, 1955)

 Siding - (south switch of siding spiked June 30th, 1955)

 Siding - (retired 8-24-1955, see notes in Track Names section below)

 Siding - cut back from 1948 listing - (listed here in 1957, 1970, 1978, and 1987)

 Telephone Booth - (listed here in 1970)

 Customers:

 Boos Store - named Ralph Hawn and Son in 1956

 Track Names:

 House Track - mentioned here in 1954 & extended north 500' in 1955

 Siding - retired on 8-24-1955.

 Last Updated  08/31/2014

 

Back to the Stations page