The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway
|Name:||Armstrong, Indiana(elevation 475')|
|Description:||Back in 1916, there were quite a number of railroad buildings for such a small town. The depot was north of the tracks and just east of the Big Cynthiana Road. See right of way photos. Poseyville was handling the waybills for Armstrong by 7-27-1956.|
|Photos:||Right of Way|
|Date Reached:||1881 - constructed by E&P|
|Track Status:||Removed in the Fall of 2011.|
Coal House (10' x 8' x 8') - built 1903 - (listed here 1916)
Wood Depot (36' x 16' x 14') - built 1880 - (listed here in 1916 and 1928)
Section Laborer's Shanty (32' x 10') - built in 1915 - portable? - (listed here 1916)
Siding - (listed here in 1928)
Spur - north switch removed from above siding - (listed here in 1944 and 1948)
Spur - Switched to northbound pickup by 1957. Same layout in 1970 and 1978.
Spur, perhaps siding - By 2002, the switch had been moved "east" of the road to cut the crossings from two to one.
Tool House (16' x 9') - placed in Evansville 1912, moved here in 1913 - former car body - (listed here 1916)
Tool House - Same Tool House as above? - (listed here in 1928, 1944, 1948, and 1957)
|Customers:||John Deere - flat cars of equipment|