The Peoria, Decatur & Evansville Railway

Structures

For many years there was a water tank located on the west bank of the West Okaw river two miles east of Bethany.  It is amazing that they made a post card of it.  (Unknown Photographer)  Thomas French Collection

 

Originally built in 1880, the Bethany depot was lost due to fire circa 1923 and replaced with the brick depot seen below.

  (Unknown Photographer)  Thomas French Collection

 

The Bethany depot shortly after construction, December 12th, 1923.  Illinois Central Railroad Photo  Thomas French Collection

 

 
 

 

Back To Bethany      Back to the Structures Page